Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 16: Your First Kiss

So... My first real kiss was when I was 15 years old. I was dating a boy named Will at the time, and we were on a double date to the movie "The Wedding Date." It was dark, and the movie was playing, and I wasn't expecting anything to happen. He kept on looking at me, and not the movie. It was really kind of awkward. He leaned in and I did the same and just when he was about to kiss me, he missed... So I sat back in my chair, and continued watching the movie.. Then the same thing happened, he leaned over to me...tried to kiss me, and missed again. Then I just felt dumb, like it wasn't worth the embarrassment. So I put all my attention into the movie, and this probably lasted 5 minutes or so, and he tried one more time. He kissed me, and it was short and sweet, but all I felt was embarrassment...that my friend Lauren and her boyfriend could have seen the whole thing.. so I sat back in my chair and finished watching the movie. It was just really awkward.

My first kiss with the last boy I dated was much better. It was our first date and he had taken me to see a movie,and we had come in separate cars. When he walked me out to my car, it was cold out and he had let me wear his jacket. We were holding hands. He opened my car door for me, and we hugged and as the hug was ending he kissed me goodnight. I remember not being able to stop smiling afterwards, and it was one of the nicest feelings ever.

1 comment:

Michelle Reed said...

Hooray for awkward first kisses!