LOVE is....
I believe that love is a bond stronger than any other. It's the greatest thing God has given us. It's knowing that you are going to be cared for, and agreeing to take care of each other. It's not just a feeling but also a commitment to yourself and the people you love.
There are different kinds of love:
Love for your family is always there from the moment you are born and far beyond. It's like built in, unconditional love because they are your family. You love them because they are your blood, but also because they're the ones that are always going to be there through thick and thin no matter what happens. They can't back down, and it is reassuring knowing that there are some people who will always love you and be there for you almost because they have to, but mostly because they want to.
Love for your best/close friends is similar. I read somewhere once that friends are the family you choose for yourself. Love for friends is choosing to be there for them from there on out. Love between friends is special because they know everything about you including your flaws, but they love you still. Whether you are closer than ever or in a fight, you know that they are going to stand by your side because that's what friends do.
Love in a romantic relationship is the one I haven't quite figured out yet. It's a special bond between two people, but it takes work and commitment. When I fall in love, I want it to be real. Not just something said when you need something, but something that you mean. 100%. Love in a relationship means wanting to do things for that person without them asking, and asking nothing in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment