Every time people ask me to dance I tell them that I am not a dancer. I don't dance. I don't do the whole get out on the dance floor and move thing. When they are really persistent about it, I get up and try to dance, but I'm never really confident about it, so I got to thinking... Why is this? I mean other people can't dance and yet you see them out there making a fool of themselves, just having fun, and being silly . So why can't I bring myself to do that? Well... here is what I came up with: My moment for today. Here it goes...In junior high, I was in Destination Imagination. If you don't know what it is, it is an organization where you express yourselves through creativity, team work, and problem solving. Anyways, my group and I were in the library at school with our DI leader, and we were making up a skit for the competition the next day.... My friend Claire and I got silly, and we made up this little dance. We were just goofing off, looking at each other, and copying what the other was doing. Just being dumb, and having fun. Well, at the end of the dance I guess we decided, or more...I decided, we needed a big finish, so I did this little jump arms and legs out, and on the way back down I fell. I fell hard, and landed on my left hand/arm. At first, I was laughing, and then I realized that my arm hurt...alot. I looked at our teacher, and I told him..."I think I broke my arm." He just said, "noooo you couldn't have broken your arm..." but the team walked me down to the nurses office to be safe.. hoping she was still there because school was already over. Sure enough, she thought it was broken too, so my parents came to get me, and we went to the emergency room. It was broken, and I got a full arm PURPLE cast, and I went to the competition the next day with broken arm. This just happened from me tripping while dancing.... Most people break bones doing something normal, like a skateboarding accident or another legit story. I have to tell people that I tripped and fell while dancing. :) I'm cool.
So, does me not being the dancing type make more sense now?
2 comments:
LMAO. I'm so sorry you broke your arm while dancing. I can understand your relationship with dancing in public now.
makes sense to me :-)
Post a Comment