School:
After going to Texas State for 2 years, and transferring to University of Houston, at first I was kind of indifferent. I didn't know if I was ready to be fully committed to a new school, so I had no UH shirts or anything, and I didn't go to sports events, or really join anything on campus.. Now that I've been here a year, I've decided to embrace it. I like the school, and feel like I need to be involved in something in order to really be happy here. Being a commuter makes it kind of hard to feel like I belong, when all I really do is drive to school,go to class, and then go home. So, I now have two UH shirts and a UH sticker on my car. I know that seems silly, but it was kind of a big deal. I'm also excited about the choir I've joined, and the A Cappella women's ensemble. :)
Anyways, I guess thats all as far as school goes for now. Go Coogs. haha.
3 comments:
Having school spirit is not silly. I embrace being a cougar. At the river last weekend my mom was telling everyone that she was a cougar and they thought she meant the other type of cougar...and she was like no! I'm a Houston cougar...it's the best kind.
haha i didn't mean that having school spirit was silly, i just meant that my need to purchase things to have school spirit was kinda silly. i like that i am gaining school spirit.
I think school spirit is da bomb :) and btw commuters rock. I wish there were more of them here.
Post a Comment