Something that I miss:
When I went to Texas State, I was in this really great singing group called VocaLibre. It was a co-ed vocal jazz group, and our practices were probably my favorite part of each week. We would always start our rehearsals with improv. Someone would start with a bass line or a melody and each person would come in with their own part. Sometimes they were completely random, and other times we would improv on parts of popular songs. I loved the group. It was seriously so much fun. We sang some really great rep, and our harmonies were always really tight. The people in it were really good friends of mine, and I miss it almost every day. We performed not only around campus at school functions, but also in the community. I so wish that there were a group like that here. I would love to be in it. I joined a group here...but it's really just not the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment