The first time I remember singing in front of a large audience by myself was at an assembly in elementary school. I was in 5th grade. I was living in England at the time, attending TASIS (The American School In Surrey). Singing has been my passion for as long as I can remember. I used to put on concerts on the playground with my friends. We had our own Spice Girls group, but we had to switch parts daily because everyone fought over being Baby Spice. Anyways, I was about to move back to Texas, and I was sad that I wouldn't get to sing in our spring concert, so they planned to let me sing in the assembly in front of the whole school. I remember it was really exciting, but it made me nervous at the same time. I sang "A Whole New World" with a CD track as accompaniment. My parents came, and it was a really exciting moment for me. I will always remember it. I remember feeling so special because that wasn't something that happened at every assembly, and it was awesome.
The Poem In The Water
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment