Monday, October 31, 2011

I feel like a Princess


I can honestly tell you that I've never felt as special as I did on Saturday night.
It started off normal. I picked up Kaylee, and we headed to the Gavin DeGraw and David Cook concert. I was so excited. I've always loved Gavin DeGraw, and I've never had the opportunity to see him live. I bought the tickets on Groupon, and they were in the back of the theater, but I didn't care as long as I could hear him sing.
As Kaylee and I sat down, we were talking about how excited we were to see them, and how even though we were in the back it wasn't all that far. A lady behind us tapped me on the shoulder and asked us who we were fans of. I, of course, replied GAVIN!! and Kaylee said we were fans of both. She walked away, and came back not 5 minutes later. She told us that she was friends with the sound crew, and would be sitting in the booth with them, and then explained that she had 2 front row tickets that she would love for actual fans to be able to enjoy. We ecstatically excepted the tickets, thanked her profusely, and went to find our extremely upgraded seats at the front of the house.
We waited for the concert to begin, and I don't think how close we were fully hit me until the lead singer of Carolina Liar (the opening band) was kneeling directly in front of us, almost close enough to touch. That is when I realized Gavin DeGraw would be that close to us at some point throughout the show. When he came out on stage, I was so ecstatic. Even with the rotating stage at the Arena Theater, we would have the best view in the house the majority of the time. As I listened to him sing, I was completely enchanted by him. Kaylee told me it looked like I was in love, and you know what? I am in love... with his voice. He is one beautiful man, too. I swear to you that the man I marry will have to be able to sing to me like that. That will be the deciding factor. I'm not kidding.
BUT ANYWAYS!
Gavin was singing, and began walking towards us. I was so excited, holding my phone, and trying to get a picture of him when he came out directly to me. I was shocked! To be THAT GIRL! The girl in the crowd that the artist chooses. He took me by the hand and I melted into the floor. He began to dance with me, just swaying, and then he twirled me around. I felt like a princess. I couldn't stop smiling, and then he took my phone from my other hand, and snapped a picture of us cheek to cheek, and made my life. Nothing else mattered. It was absolutely crazy. I couldn't contain my excitement. When he walked away, the look on my face must have been complete awe. I was completely enchanted, and if I wasn't in love before I definitely was in that moment. I was the first girl he chose. He chose me. And for the rest of the night, I was floating on a cloud, completely overwhelmed with excitement. I felt so blessed, and happy to be there.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is amazing!!!!!! Jealoussyyy!!! I hope you had a blast. :)